Saturday, September 1, 2018

Its Game Day

Day 104  |  Racine

Chilly, rainy, foggy, overcast ... perfect ingredients for a slow day. Without sunshine, I never even put my contacts in today (which is a rare occurrence). We made a stop at Walmart to pick up some fruit, veggies, and meat and then headed over to Enterprise to drop off the rental car before they closed at noon. We had to return it by 11:00 in order for them to provide us a ride ride back to the marina. Their employee shuttled us and our purchases the five miles and we made our way down the dock to Crossroads in a steady drizzle. It wasn't hard enough to put up our jacket hoods, but it was annoying and persistent enough to keep us onboard for the afternoon.

Barry worked on a few small projects. I unpacked and re-inventoried the pantry, making a list of items that we've accumulated way too much of. I then cleaned my bathroom and the floor of the saloon. Luckily for me today was the start of college football season. With renewed hope and optimism high, I changed into my Virginia shirt and settled in for an afternoon on the the settee with the TV on and a book in hand. Being in Big Ten country, our featured game was the Ohio State-Oregon State blowout. I was cheering for all the underdogs, but ultimately Appalachian State, James Madison, and North Carolina each lost. All of this, and a quick-moving plot led me to finish the last 200-plus pages just as the sun set on the day.


Tomorrow we're hoping to get out for a much needed walk around Racine. If we go north on Main Street, we'll visit the zoo. If we head south, we'll visit some Frank Lloyd Wright architectural sites, town museums, and retail outlets. Plans will be finalized in the morning -- a game day decision.

PS -  Wahoowa!  Virginia won and is currently leading the nation in wins. OK, so half the other teams in the country have one win as well. Its been a long and painful drought for UVA football. I'll gloat a bit while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment