Thursday, December 12, 2019

Weathering a Nor'easter in the Sunshine State

Jacksonville 

When planning our offshore travels from Thunderbolt to Jacksonville, all forecasts predicted a very short weather window. The pundits were correct. We made the jump in good weather and then it quickly deteriorated. Today was cloudy, windy, rainy, and cold (at least by my and Florida standards). The only bright spot was the view from the pilot house of Flip Flop a few slips down. The crew had left for North Carolina before we arrived yesterday, so we'll have to wait until January to catch up with them. I didn't leave Crossroads, but made sure I got my stretching done. The day was spent looking at screens. The weather dominated local news. Barry left once to visit the marina office. We are docked front and center on the marina's webcam. Once I was able to ignore the Christmas light in the middle of the lens, it was cool to see him walking the dock. When we're away, we'll be able to make sure we're still floating. There is strong wifi here which allowed me to upload more than 1,000 photos and work on my photo yearbook. We later streamed Brittany Runs a Marathon from Prime Video. I enjoyed the movie whose story hit very close to home.


This yucky weather is supposed to clear out by tomorrow afternoon in time for the marina's Tree Trimming Holiday Party. I'm sure everyone will be anxious to get off their boat and share some holiday spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment