Thursday, June 14, 2018

Staying Put on a Blustery Day

Day 25  |  Mechanicville

We elected to spend another day in Mechanicville and wait for the gusty winds to calm down. The morning was comfortably warm as the sun shone brightly. We took a walk through town and picked up Barry's prescription refill at CVS. Maybe now they'll quit texting me. As we returned to Crossroads, the cloud cover was building along with the wind.


The day quickly turned to overcast and blustery. I counted all of the minimal boat traffic as it passed by --  two trawlers, a catamaran, and one tug/barge -- while I sat on Fiberglass Beach and did some reading. I finished two small books, a warmup of sorts for the stack of "real" books I have brought along with me. By 3:00 I had brought out a small fleece blanket to wrap up in. By 4:00 I was back inside and still using the blanket.


The weather clears tomorrow and we'll leave around 8:30 for Fort Edward. Here we will see the end of the Hudson River. This is also marks the half-way point on our trip to Lake Champlain.

No comments:

Post a Comment