Thursday, February 16, 2023

Out Of And Into The Washing Machine

George Town   

On our To-Do list today was a run into town followed by a nice long walk on the beach. Mother Nature had other ideas. The morning featured dark gray clouds and rain on the horizon (although no precipitation fell here). A stiff wind continued to blow, guaranteeing that every dinghy ride would be a wet one. On to Plan B we went. I cleaned and polished the stainless steel frames of our 10 opening ports. Thankfully that occupied a couple of hours. The sun broke through the clouds and I did a some reading (Book 7) on the sunny upper deck. Over lunch we decided to go ashore around 2:00 for the cruisers' Jam Session. I was pleasantly surprised at the number of musicians that gathered. Barry and I took our favorite seat by the volleyball court and watched the action while listening to the music. Today, Barry joined in and played several games. For not being a "sports guy," he did really well. If we spend too much more time here in George Town, I may be out there on the court as well. 

A new round of dark clouds approached around 4:30 and chased everyone off the beach. The wind gusts were higher as the squall approached turning the harbor into a washing machine and making for an even wetter and bumpier ride back to Crossroads. We went straight from the dinghy to the showers to rinse away the salt. The latest round wet clothes were added to a load of laundry which was completed before dinner. I prepared salmon and the recently purchased asparagus for a restaurant-quality dinner. Once we finished, I fixed one of our favorite dishes, Eggroll in a Bowl. As thankful as I was for all the fresh veggies, I really missed picking up the bag of pre-made coleslaw mix from the grocery stores back home. I pulled out the grater and chopped the carrots and cabbages. This bit of effort yielded six servings which was enough to justify all the dirty dishes and stray veggie pieces covering my countertop (and floor). We're eyeing a future break in the wind and hoping to escape George Town eventually. There is so much more of The Bahamas we want to explore.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment