Friday, April 20, 2018

Crossing Finish Lines

In just under a week, I have crossed two monumental finish lines and can now turn my attention full-time to the ultimate start line.

On Saturday, April 14, I completed my eighth consecutive Monument Avenue 10k, our hometown race. With over 21,000 finishers, the atmosphere is amazing and its a must-do event for me. This year, however, was a bit different. I have been battling a knee injury for months and had done minimal training -- two 5ks, one 8k, and some occasional Saturday morning Training Team miles with dear friends Michelle and Debbie. With Michelle's amazing support and encouragement (Debbie was out of town), I overcame a ton of doubt to not only finish, but enjoy the beautiful day along the way. and have tons of fun. Nothing beats celebrating with friends after crossing a finish line. Finish line photos have always been my favorite.




Now, fast forward a few days. Today was my final day at Allegra. Its hard to believe that my time has come to an end after 27 years. It truly has flown by. I've had the opportunity to work with hundreds of amazing clients and create projects that we were all proud of. I will miss you guys. More so, I will miss my amazing co-workers, who became family to both me and Barry. The "old crew" has been together for more than a decade (and in one case, more than two). Saying goodbye is never easy for me and I will always remember our "finish line" lunch. I wish them -- and the members of the "new crew" -- all the best.




With those two finish lines crossed, I can now turn my attention full-time to our next start line and departure on our Great Loop adventure. The next month will fly by and be filled with anxious anticipation and preparation that is sure to continue right up until we bring our dock lines onboard. T minus one month, and counting ...



No comments:

Post a Comment