Saturday, November 16, 2019

Waiting Out the Weather

Great Bridge 

Rainy, cold, and breezy. Unfortunately for all the cruisers itching to get south, the weather forecast was correct. Everyone at Atlantic Yacht Basin stayed put and cozy inside their boats. Luckily college football began at noon. Barry watched the entire game between Indiana and his Penn State Nittany Lions with me. Once the game was over, we bundled up and ventured outside to walk the dock and stretch our legs. I was more than ready to get back inside after 15 minutes. My Virginia Cavaliers had a bye week, so I watched Clemson and Wake Forest. Too bad the Demon Deacons didn't put up much of a fight. Barry used the afternoon to do some service on our generator. That means all the floor boards came up in the salon and all my sense of order was disturbed. He checked the belt and changed both the zinc and impeller. Knowing we'll be counting on the generator to keep us warm while at anchor was good reason to tolerate the mess for a few hours.


I spent the afternoon putting together a photo collage of highlights from our Great Loop journey. I managed to get about 80 shots on a 24x36 print that will hang over the steps down to the staterooms and heads. It will get shipped to Aunt B's and we'll pick it up the first week of December. I spoke with her for a quick hour and covered all the news and plans leading up to our visit. I'm anxious to see how the metal print turns out. I also can't wait to get this trip going again. We'll be here again tomorrow while the wind continues to howl and the raindrops keep falling on our heads.




No comments:

Post a Comment