Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Getting Warm(er)

Charleston    

Our first day in Charleston was set aside as a Project Day. Working on his To-Do list, Barry pulled out our new accumulator tank and went under the floor to begin installation. Of course, he didn't have all the fittings he needed. Thankfully, we had already planned a trip to West Marine via the marina's courtesy van. He (hopefully) picked up everything he needs. We also visited the Harris-Teeter and picked up most of our usual perishable items -- lettuce, tomatoes, Brussels sprouts, carrots, celery, chicken, and milk. It all fit nicely in my backpack and in our small refrigerator once we got back onboard. While waiting for the van to pick us up, I chose to sit in the sunny spot in the grass over the bench in the shade. The sunshine felt wonderful. On our ride back to the marina, I received an email that Amazon had delivered my package to the dropbox. I eagerly retrieved the box containing a few new books for the trip. Our more important Amazon package will arrive tomorrow.

In a first for this trip, I found it warm enough to take my chair out on Fiberglass Beach. (For those new to this blog, Fiberglass Beach is what I fondly call the bow of Crossroads). I was able to turn quite a few pages in my first book of the season, before I could no longer convince myself that 64 degrees was warm. Also during this time the pumpout boat visited Crossroads to take care of business. Barry scraped out the old caulk and applied a new layer around our leaky round window to complete another item on his list. Before I began dinner preparation, I checked and was pleased to see that Paradigm Shift had passed north of Bimini on their way to Andros. Following dinner, Barry continued to prepare the accumulator tank. Once I upload this entry, I will get my stretching done in time to watch the Hoos and Heels at 9:00. Tomorrow we will walk across and around the Charleston peninsula and play tourist on another bright and sunny day. Our travels have not yet brought us to perfect weather, but we're getting warmer.  


No comments:

Post a Comment