Monday, January 29, 2024

Back At It ... Ready and Waiting

Beaufort  

We had a very productive Saturday at our house. Long "Hollywood" showers and load after load of laundry preceded an afternoon of yard work in the warm sunshine. I enjoyed the opportunity to get outside and rake the layer of late-falling leaves. What I got up will be less that I have to get up in May. The grass should come in much better as well. All was enjoyable until I came across a brown snake sunning in a camellia. Following my high-pitched shriek, we agreed to ignore each other, but I was much more cautious. As I was finishing up, the front approached with an increase in wind and a slight drizzle. Barry spent the afternoon working on the name boards we brought home, sanding and applying varnish. We headed to Mom's for supper and gave her a big surprise. Lisa and Robbie were in on it and kept our sneaky plans from her. We brought her a new tablet and got her all set up. We can now welcome her back to the blog readership. After discussing how nice and warm the day was, Robbie brought a snowball out of the freezer which he had collected just last week. The weather flips back and forth so quickly. Back at our house, Barry applied on more coat of varnish to our name boards. Heavy rain fell overnight, but Sunday was clear and much colder. We loaded up the Escape and closed up the house (again). It was an uneventful drive back to Beaufort and we arrived just before dark.

Today we unpacked, put another coat of varnish on the boards, and prepared for tomorrow's highly-anticipated arrival of the frame contractor. We unpacked and assembled all of our connectors to be ready. The wind was blustery most of the day so we didn't make a trip to walk the beach. I restocked provisions from the commissary to our working pantry. Unknown to me, Barry captured the final photo. He rarely takes photos and excitedly shared this one, so I felt compelled to include it. You can make your own jokes. I'll just say that I'm looking forward to getting my paddle board out of the commissary so there will be enough room for me to get all the way into our storage area under the floor. 

The sun slipped away with calm winds and minimal cloud cover. Tomorrow is supposed to be a nice day. With fingers crossed, we're ready and waiting for the contractor's arrival.




No comments:

Post a Comment