Sunday, January 14, 2024

Since You're There, Bring Back The Heavy Coats

Beaufort   

Early this morning, Barry and I were on the phone discussing what extras he should bring from home back to Beaufort. As always, the first look was at the weather. We agreed that we were nowhere close to being far enough south, although Beaufort happily had none of the snow icons present on the Richmond forecast. I gave him a short list of things to pack then turned my attention to completing my cleaning spree in the five hours I had prior to his arrival. It was a sunny morning here without a cloud in the sky. The bright sun warmed Crossroads nicely and I actually got to turn the heat off for a while. The water was flat and I spotted three dolphin off our stern gently gliding in and out of Town Creek. With my cleaning done and water tanks filled, I settled into my sunny spot in the pilothouse and read. By the time Barry called to say he was in the parking lot, the wind had again increased to a steady 20 knots on our stern. We unloaded his bags, but left the solar panel in the Escape overnight. We'll unload the panel tomorrow morning when the wind is once again supposed to be calm. The heavy coats he brought back took the place of our light jackets on the saloon coat hooks. I watched the Cavaliers and Tar Heels women's basketball game and then the Packers unload on the Cowboys while Barry napped. The sun was setting unceremoniously just as the Dallas season was doing the same. I guess Cowboys' owner Jerry Jones will now turn his attention to getting his megayacht Bravo Eugenia ready for The Bahamas. We can't wait to see it down in the Exumas (not).

Quite unexpectedly, the sunset intensified. Tonight, the clouds and colors were contained below the bridge span. Tomorrow is a holiday, but we have high hopes of hearing from our contractors about a schedule. We're anxious to retire those heavy coats in favor of those lightweight jackets.  


No comments:

Post a Comment