Saturday, March 2, 2024

I Tried To Grab Fog ...

Beaufort  

Advanced knowledge did not properly prepare us for today's drastic change in weather. It poured overnight and throughout the morning. I finished laying out my yearbook and then watched my new favorite movie once again. By noon the rain had stopped, but had succeeded in washing out any outdoor plans. What to do? I know, we could work the cool puzzle we received for Christmas. Granted I had hoped to pull this diversion out in The Bahamas where the actual images of turtles and tropical fish were fresh in my mind, but this also seemed like a good time. Barry and I managed to work together to assemble the 300-piece image in good time and without bloodshed. By 2:00 fog had settled over Town Creek. It was a dark and dreary day.

Luckily for me it was also tip-off time for The Heels and The Pack. The entertaining game occupied two hours with Carolina prevailing -- #GDTBATH. The Duke-UVA contest had already started when ESPN switched to the feed. For the Cavs, the game was already over. I tried to stay interested in the rest of the game like a good fan. I did not turn it off, but I didn't really watch either. When the final buzzer mercifully sounded, I headed out to my customary sunset position on the dock. The fog had thickened and the lights from the channel marker and shrimp boat fleet were magnified in the heavy mist. That brings us to the completion of today's title. I tried to grab fog ... but I mist.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment