Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Just Like An Episode Of "Seinfeld"

Cambridge Cay  

The television sitcom Seinfeld aired for nine seasons while being promoted as "a show about nothing." Today's post will probably be described using that same phrase. Last night, the plan was to depart Cambridge Cay this morning at 10:00 and move a short distance north. When I made my way to the pilothouse at 6:30, thick clouds blanketed the anchorage and the wind was howling at a steady 25 knots. When Barry woke up after sleeping in an hour later than normal, we agreed to stay put for another day. What was the deciding factor? you ask. Here at Cambridge Cay, we have internet. At our next location of Warderick Wells/Emerald Rock, that reception would be spotty at best. I put that internet connection to good use this morning and wasted time on my phone as the clouds slowly cleared. I had to catch up on a lot of basketball games. After lunch, the sun reappeared and I relocated to Fiberglass Beach for the rest of the day. The wind held us in the same position throughout the afternoon, but tide and cloud cover altered the scenery.    

From my spot on the bow, I watched a woman kite surfing through the anchorage. The strong breeze filled her kite and lifted her out of the water. I finished two more books, neither one of them a literary masterpiece. No better time than in my mid-50s to read my first ever Nancy Drew book. There was very little dinghy activity in the anchorage. The low tide added a degree of difficulty to going ashore at the adjacent beach. Once again, the lack of water forced cruisers to abandon the dinghy far from the shore and make a long walk through calf-deep water to reach dry sand. There was no colorful sunset this evening as cloud cover muted all color. The wind, however, did calm down. We'll get back on track tomorrow and change our scenery. The beauty of the Exumas Land and Sea Park outweighs the lack of cell reception ... for a day or two. I'll upload the recaps whenever our signal is strong enough to do so.


No comments:

Post a Comment