Wednesday, April 10, 2019

A Good Boat Wash

Day 325  |  Rock Sound

The forecasted rain began overnight and it felt good to take the morning slow. With all the hatches, ports, and windows closed up, we turned on the generator. This allowed us to run the air conditioner to dehumidify, make some water, and complete a load of laundry. I finished dusting the last of the louvered doors then settled in the pilothouse to watch the clouds roll through the harbor while steamrolling through the final 400 pages of my latest book in progress. The heavy rain fell in early afternoon, giving Crossroads a much-needed rinse of accumulated salt. From my climate-controlled perch, I watched as boats without the benefit of canvas enclosures still came and went during the downpour. That may be "real sailing," but I prefer this comfy trawler lifestyle. By 6:00 the sky was clearing and we should have a good day tomorrow as we travel north to Governor's Harbor.



No comments:

Post a Comment