Saturday, April 20, 2019

A Stormy Day

Day 335  |  Spanish Wells

As I've found to be customary, the day before Easter was one of unsettled weather. Heavy rain fell on and off all day and we picked our spots to get off the boat and make a few last-chance stops in Spanish Wells. We continue to be very thankful for the use of Euleta and Ross's buggy. I'm sure we would have gotten rained on a few times today if we had walked to our destinations. Our first stop was the grocery store for another round of milk, lettuce, and turkey. We got everything in the refrigerator and waited for a heavy shower to pass before venturing out again. Destinations two and three were the fish market for some grouper and then to the Island Mart for some fresh-baked Bahamian bread. With our loaf and fish, we were all set for a feast. Back to Crossroads we went.


The bread was still warm out of the oven and smelled so good. It just begged to be enjoyed as a part of lunch. Then some more heavy rain fell. Our final trip out took us to a small shop where I wanted to pick up a souvenir T-shirt. In the parking lot I found a penny and immediately thanked my grandmother for the gift. Her presence is always a huge part of our Easter memories. With all errands checked off the list, we took the long way back to the marina as the sky and blue water began to brighten.


My family in North Carolina kept me up to date on all the traditional Easter activities. The texts, photos, and phone calls made not being there a little less painful. They had an adventurous day and everyone now has several new stories to share for years to come. By late afternoon I was getting cabin fever again so I made a few laps around the marina grounds on foot. We have been here several days, but I still spotted new and beautiful new things tucked away in spots I had not yet traveled. The double-bloom hibiscus and a pair of natural benches were the highlight of my travels.


We will enjoy Easter here and depart for the Abacos early Monday morning. I hope the bunny is good to everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment