Friday, May 11, 2018

Final Farewells (Part 1)



Heading into this week I knew it would be full of emotional farewells with family and friends. There was at least one get-together on the calendar each day. 

On Monday I had dinner with my "three most favorite kids in the whole wide world" and their three, equally amazing adults. They are a true gift and their gifts -- including their hand-bag and sweet words -- will forever be treasured. 

Michelle, Debbie and I met for dinner on Tuesday. We're walking buddies who have shared much over the last five years (see Crossing Finish Lines post from April 20). Both have kids graduating from college this week and many exciting life events on the horizon. I'm already trying to figure out how I can get home and join them for the 2019 Monument Avenue 10K. It is a tradition, after all. Love you guys. 

Wednesday morning was my final PT session with Melissa. I greatly appreciate her help in coaxing a few more years out of my gimpy knees. We reviewed my plan for stretching and strengthening while underway. I've come a long way since my injury in January. I have the weights and bands tucked away onboard, easily accessible for my nightly routine. Thumbs up to the best therapist I've ever worked with.

When asked what I would miss most about work, my easy answer was "the people -- both coworkers and clients." Barry and I met Ashley and her husband Brandon for the noon Richmond Flying Squirrels game. It was also great to see Matt and catch up with his family's happenings. 

It was also a pleasure to visit with two long-time clients who have become great friends and confidants over the 20-plus years we worked together. Cindy and Lynne, it was a privilege to work with you to create projects we all were proud of. It has been even better to call you friends. Thank you for sharing your excitement and encouragement as we prepare to depart.

Thursday was the most anticipated, next installment of Girls Night out. My "three sisters" and I returned to The Glass Spot and each created our own blown-glass pumpkins. Dinner, laughter, and tears followed. Thank you, ladies, for accepting me into your family and I will miss each one of you tremendously. Love you bunches.  


I wrapped up the week with a hair cut and a quick visit to the doctor for a prescription extension. Whew. Thanks to all. Time to start loading up Crossroads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment