Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Going With The Blow

Bimini (Still)   

It was a slow day for the Crossroads crew. We awoke to the persistent stiff breeze and its new friend, rain. With little else to do, I decided to dirty up every dish in the galley and made some more carrot cake muffins before my zucchini and carrots turned to mush. Once that project was completed and the clean up done, it was lunch time. I had successfully filled my morning hours. The rain stopped so I went for a low-tide walk along the beach and picked up a few more shells and pieces of sea glass. Meanwhile Barry went for his walk along the dock. He found two boats that spend the summers at Deltaville Yachting Center, and "shop talk" ensued. After my walk, I settled by the pool and enjoyed 30 minutes of warm sunshine. It was fantastic to finally see all of the blues in the water and catch a few rays. I listened to my audiobook until more clouds rolled in and it turned chilly, chasing me back into the pilothouse for the remainder of the gray afternoon. Tomorrow will be our last day here. Everyone in the marina has been here a while and is anxious to leave. In Florida, the next group of boats is staging to cross over and take our slips. In the cruising world, that's "going with the blow." 



No comments:

Post a Comment