Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Chattin' And Chillin"

George Town   

We spent the morning onboard as the sky kept sending mixed signals as to whether a shower was eminent or not. Barry was upstairs and watched as a supply barge navigated the channel without drama and a trash barge left Chat N Chill Beach with leftovers from yesterday's festivities. 

The clouds thickened so I made the decision to go under the floor into the commissary. With my paddleboard gone and now occupying the port side walkway, there was now room for me to squeeze in and dig into the cabinets. I brought a few items up for our daily use and repacked the area a bit tighter and neater. Following lunch enough blue sky appeared that we hopped in the dinghy and headed straight into the Stocking Island shore.

We beached the dinghy and walked south toward Peace & Plenty. The tide was falling and we had just enough beach to get around the rocks without getting our shorts wet. We checked out the scene at the waterside bar and I awaited the opportunity to hop on the swing. I came, I saw, I swung. Back north to Chat N Chill we went with a little more exposed sand under our feet. The clear water was took on the colors of both sand and sky.

The stingrays swam up and down the shore waiting to be fed. A local feline greeted us with a soft meow as we walked under the pine trees toward the directional sign. We inspected it for new additions since our last visit. The South Carolina Gamecocks board was definitely new and had me thinking of Dawn Staley's women's basketball team's 2022 national championship. Our walk took us to the back of the lagoon before we retraced our steps. The smooth gradient of blue tints never gets old. We settled into an open spot along the picnic tables and introduced ourselves to a friendly fella. 

The pick-up volleyball matches were both competitive and entertaining. After a while, Mr. Cat came over and allowed me to practice my ear scratching. Its been a while and felt good to limber up my fingers. It was an enjoyable afternoon on shore, just chillin' and chattin'. We headed back to Crossroads around 4:30 and I went in to take a shower. Outside the shower window, I spotted a couple attempting to paddle their dinghy through the wind and chop. I quickly got dressed as Barry went out to offer a tow. I helped Barry into our dinghy and he pulled the couple quite a distance to their boat. It felt good to do a good deed to close the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment