Saturday, February 17, 2024

Slow Dancing To Nature's Symphony

Beaufort  

Mother Nature's symphony began early this morning. The rhythmic sounds of our dock lines and fenders squeaking in response to the gusting wind have become a familiar tune during our stay here in Beaufort. The beautiful weather of yesterday was on its way out as the front moving through brought wind gusts in excess of 30 knots. I spent the morning reading and working on a computer project, thankful for the expanded TV options available with Starlink. The noon tipoff of UVA and Wake Forest arrived with trash texting between myself and the Deacon fans in Winston-Salem. That game quickly led into the Heels and Hokies. Before I knew it was 4:00 and I had occupied myself for most of the day. The wind had died down so I went for a short walk around the docks and parking lot. It was still sunny, but heavy cloud cover was moving over the marina. I stopped to visit my plant friend Rosemary and check on her blooms. Although it was a dry weekend, no boats were moving and the complex was deserted. I wondered how fast we could get to The Bahamas with quad-350hp outboards. Of course, there is the issue of fuel consumption that makes such a quick journey unattractive to us.  

Heavy cloud cover arrived and will continue tomorrow. Barry will get back in the afternoon with the Escape and a few things that we dropped off at the house last weekend thinking we were done with them. When I get those travel brochures back, I'll figure out where we will day trip to on Monday. We're still anxious to see a few more sites within a three hour drive of our spot here in Beaufort.



No comments:

Post a Comment