Saturday, March 5, 2022

Slow Day On A Blow Day

Rock Sound 

The day turned into a slow one aboard Crossroads. The morning winds were breezy, but not too bad. A small squall developed to our west as I was doing my morning workout. Thanks to Shooting Star for the picture of the rainbow that I missed seeing. The group went ashore to visit the caves that we walked through yesterday. I gave the boat and then me a good cleaning. We were looking forward to a lunchtime trip across the island to a beachfront restaurant. Turns out, it was closed today. Once more, we went to Plan B. For me that meant looking out upon the anchorage to see boats with their dinghies trailing behind them. No one was leaving their mothership. Two notable boats in the anchorage are Lotte because of floral hull decorations, and Freedom, because of its hailing port of Richmond. We had met Mark on the day of our arrival and found out he keeps his boat at Regatta Point in Deltaville. We really are next-door neighbors.    

The wind picked up in the afternoon to a steady blow of 30 knots. Our courtesy flag was whipping in the wind and taking a beating. I switched between Fiberglass Beach and the flybridge, seeking the warmth of the sun for it was quite chilly in the shade. By 6:00 Barry had managed to hook up the VPN and get ESPN so I could watch the Carolina-Duke game as the sun set on a slow day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment