Sunday, April 17, 2022

Easter Blessings

Great Harbour Cay   

My alarm went off at 5:45 and I was up in the pilothouse by 6:00 to catch the start of the 250th Sunrise Service from Old Salem. The way I was feeling it could have been Thanksgiving Day. There's no better feeling than looking out the window and knowing your best friend is nearby. Paradigm Shift rode beautifully in dawn's pink glow. I was also thankful for strong internet that allowed me to livestream the service that has meant so much to multiple generations of my family. I opened the doors and covered up in a blanket as I watched our sunrise along with the one in Winston-Salem. Our sunrise was pretty magical.

The pinks and yellows intensified in the east while the full moon was setting in the west. A golden glow preceded the sun popping over the tree line. 

An early start led to a productive morning. Barry worked on our customs paperwork. I did my stretching and then settled in the master to livestream the 10:00 service. The music was incredible and I could almost feel the power of the Tannenberg organ through my laptop. I tried reading a bit, but kept hearing familiar Easter songs from the shore. The little green house in front of us was the source of a moving playlist. I relocated to the top of the pilothouse and enjoyed the music while watching the clouds.  

Soon it was 1:00 and time to go ashore with Glenda, Greg, Jaxon, and Cooper. We had not planned on meeting up again after saying our second goodbye in Williams Cay, but it has just worked out this way. By this time in our journeys, friendly faces are a true blessing. The first order of business was to meet with the customs official to process the exit paperwork for both boats. All of that went smoothly and we're all set to head back together to Charleston when we get the next weather window. With that weight lifted from our minds, it was time to explore. Glenda and I took the boys for a walk to the beach. It was a pretty good walk, about a mile to our destination. The boys started out strong and eager as they hadn't seen land in several days. They soon faded, however, and we ended up carrying them for the final stretch. We turned off the road and the view was amazing. We all enjoyed running around and playing in the surf for a while. Glenda and I enjoyed the opportunity for girl time and catching up on our family before having to return to the motherships. 

Back onboard, I checked in on all the activities from my favorite bunnies in North Carolina. Rebekah and I texted most of the afternoon and she gave me a running play-by-play prior to returning to Catawba. I got a quick shower before we left for our Easter dinner celebration. We were blessed to receive some lobster tails from Jerold while we were in Spanish Wells. I could think of no better time to share and enjoy them than Easter dinner with Glenda and Greg. We gathered aboard Paradigm Shift where Greg grilled the tails and Glenda prepared sides of rice and spinach. It was a great evening, far greater than I could have ever imagined ... or planned. Some times stars do align and things just work out. The way our paths have crossed yet again here in The Bahamas is truly an Easter blessing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment