Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Looking Forward, Looking Back

Great Harbour Cay   

With the cold front upon us, it was a day to stay onboard. Initially the wind seemed rather normal and I was somewhat disappointed that we may have missed an opportunity to go ashore. I did my morning stretches then proceeded with my planned boat chores -- clean and polish the remaining six stainless steel ports, dust (ugghh), clean and polish the wood floors and walls, vacuum, and do a load of laundry. Today's effort was focused on the downstairs. Tomorrow, I'll tackle the main salon. We also shuffled provisions between commissary, settee, and pantry. At this point in our trip, we have run out of a few things (granola bars, protein bars, pretzels) and have quite a few of other staples (green beans, diced tomatoes). Even with good planning it is impossible to pack a perfect supply. Tastes change and availability of replacements vary from year to year. The wind did build throughout the day and the gusts occasionally brought goose bumps to my arms. In between chores, I started to sort out and edit all the photos I've taken in the previous four months. It is amazing how fast the thousands of files accumulate on my phone. I deleted many shots (like the 12 of the curly-tailed lizard eating a chip from yesterday), but have many great shots to help remember our 2022 trip to The Bahamas. Since no one wants to see me dusting (except, maybe, my mom) here's one of my favorite scenes that I came across today (Bell Rock, Cambridge Cay). I hope to get the opportunity to take a few more photos here tomorrow in Great Harbour Cay.



No comments:

Post a Comment