Friday, April 1, 2022

Off The Grid ... No Foolin'

Cambridge Cay to Warderick Wells  |  3 Hours   18 Miles  

We had a great stay in Cambridge Cay, but it was time to move on. The cell phone tower, our trusty companion, disappeared to our stern as we moved north and further into the Exuma Cays Land & Sea Park. We contacted Cherry, the office manager at the park, via VHF radio and requested a mooring ball in the north field only to be told there were no available spots. Our Plan B was the mooring field at Emerald Rock. We had just passed the namesake rock and were moving to a ball when Cherry called and informed us she now had an opening in the North field. Woohoo. Crossroads did a quick U-turn and we worked our way to our assigned ball. Once again, the blues of the water were captivating.

Click, click, click. When I get good lighting I can't help myself. Into the mooring field we went with the dark blue being the deeper water channel.

I grabbed Ball #12 without issue. We tidied up the deck and enjoyed the view.

We took the dinghy down and went to shore for a little walk before stopping in the office to pay Cherry for our stay. As we looked out, the sandbar was rising as the tide was retreating. Later in the afternoon, I finished a book on Fiberglass Beach then relocated to my floating chair off the stern. The current was brisk, but I was secured by a 50-foot dock line to the mothership. While floating I saw turtles, rays, and sharks. I like this life off of the grid.



No comments:

Post a Comment